1. Picnics are prohibited in graveyards. Why someone would want to picnic here is beyond me. Unless, perhaps, you are one of these crazy bath salts induced zombies that have been running around lately eating people, then I fully understand.
2. No one may tease an idiot. Unless Mitt Romney visits your town to campaign, then its a go.
3. It is illegal for one to make a disturbing sound at a fair. So, after walking around gorging yourself on hot dogs, funnel cakes and cotton candy, you may want to think twice about getting on that roller coaster. The gagging noises may get you arrested.
4. Crosses may be burned on someone else's property, so long as you have their permission. Yeah, I can just picture this one:
*knocking on door* "Mr. Jackson, I'm the Grand Wizard of the KKK, and we want to know if it will be alright for us to burn this cross in your yard. You know, just to let you know we hate your kind and to send you a warning that, if you cross us or look at our women you will find yourself hanging from a poplar tree." *Mr. Jackson responding* "Sure, go ahead. That would be quite alright, and don't forget to use lots of gasoline to make the flame shine bright enough so that my neighbors will see and get the point also." Nah... That ain't happenin'.
5. In Quitman, it is illegal for a chicken to cross the road. Well, hell, how else is he supposed to get to the other side?
6. In Gainesville, chicken must be eaten with the hands. Who knew there was any other way?
7. All sex toys are banned. Well, there go my trips to Victory Drive... *sigh*
8. It is illegal for stores to sell corn flakes on Sundays. If he knew this, my oldest son who is a very picky eater, would appreciate the fact that we don't reside in Georgia since aside from Toaster Strudels and milk, Frosted Flakes is his favorite breakfast meal.
9. Bars may not hold a "Ladies' Night". There go my trips to Columbus to hang with the girls...
10. And the final dumb law still on the books in the state of Georgia is... It is illegal for one man to be on another man's back in Atlanta. o_O... If they decide to enforce this one now and start giving out jail time, the city of Atlanta would be almost man free. I said almost, damn it!
Are any of you readers from Georgia? Are you aware of any more dumb laws still on the books? Care to share?