1. The Humuhumunukunukuapua'a is the official state fish. Don Ho sang it in his song "My Little Grass Shack". I'm just glad I'm typing it and not saying it.
2. It is illegal to kill a seeing eye dog. Which may not be wise anyway since he can see and may be able to identify you in a line-up. What? No rimshot? Oh, m'kay...
3. It's a crime to use imitation milk in a milkshake without warning. Uh... What is imitation milk?
4. It's unlawful to break off mineral deposits and speleothems from a cave. Now, if you happen to find a rare diamond there, you can just bring it to me for safe keeping. I won't tell. ;)
5. Feeding a shark is against the law. And if he happens to feed on you, nine times out of ten, you're still f***ed.
6. A person can legally take driftwood from a beach. Of course! That cuts down on city workers having to clean that mess up. Free labor, people...
7. It's against the law to fish with dynamite, electric current or poison. I don't think the fish would be fit to eat after that anyway.
8. A person possessing the fin of a shark can be imprisoned for a year. Unless, of course, he actually happens to be part shark, then that's an exception.
9. The hoarding of more than 15 cats and dogs in a household is unlawful. The hoarding of more than 15 cats and dogs in a household in any state should be unlawful!
10. It's against the law to exhibit a captive dolphin or whale. So... No one told them about Sea Life Park, huh? *shrugs*
So, what say ye, peeps? Do you reside in Hawaii? Know of any more dumb laws that weren't mentioned? Care to share?
Deuces, Smooches and Aloha!...